Monday, July 27, 2015

The Haunted House

After a chilly October day in school, me and my dog Midnight were walking home. It was a regular day in school, from playing handball with my friends to almost falling into a coma in Mr. Bore's science class. Little did I know about the adventure that was soon too come. Midnight loves too play fetch so I gave the ball a big toss; it rolled into a Haunted house where no one had lived since the 1700s. Midnight chased the ball inside the house and I uneasily followed him. " Midnight, Midnight, where are you." I called while pushing the door open with a loud CREAK! As soon as I opened the door I fell through a long trapdoor. When I got to the end of the trapdoor a war ghost blocked my path." I am hungry for blood." it moaned as it slowly drifted toward me. I quickly picked up a rusty,old sword that I found in a dark corner. It turned swords worked on war ghosts because when I jabbed at him he vaporized in a flash. I looked at my sword. It had transformed into a lightning bolt. Wow, I thought, why would I need a lightning bolt? Pretty soon, I found out. An army of zombie-chickens started attacking me. It turned out that when you zapped them they turned into chicken wings. After I electrified all the zombie-chickens I ate some chicken wings. Mmm, I thought, these chicken wings are really good. Then I remembered the purpose of why I was here. To get Midnight back, not eat chicken wings. Plus, I remembered that these were one-hundred percent pure zombie-chickens and suddenly they didn't seem so appetizing anymore. I raced down the cobwebbed stairs and  came to a gigantic room. I skidded to a halt and hid behind a dusty rock. Why a rock was there, I don't know. In front of me the most enormous mummy ever was about to cook Midnight for dinner. Conveniently, I knew a trick with mummies. I quietly tiptoed toward him and pulled one of his loose bandages. All of his bandages began to unravel, tripping him while I found a nearby sarcophagus and trapped him in there. Then I took Midnight up the ladder and tore like heck for home. That was some scary experience. It's a coincidence that today is Halloween. 

No comments:

Post a Comment